D8CEC CLG provides second-chance education and lifelong learning opportunities to over 450 adults each year.
Our courses respond to the needs of the adult community in Dublin 8 and surrounding areas.
We keep our students central to our work and ensure our programmes, tutors and learning environment are the best they can possibly be.
Our motto is: “It’s never too late to learn”.
To find out more about the courses we offer, click here.
If you’re interested in enrolling in one of our courses, apply here.
Here at D8CEC CLG, we retain two types of information, Personal and Non Personal data.
This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you. Such data as your name, organisation/ company name, address, phone number, email address.
How and why we use/share your personal data
We use your personal data for purposes including:
- Your application for the enrolment
- To provide you and match with appropriate education level and support
- To monitor your academic progress
- To care for our staff and learners
- To process grant applications and other funding
- To coordinate, evaluate, fund and organise educational programmes
- To comply with our legal obligations as an education body
- To comply with our monitoring and reporting obligations to Government bodies.
How long we keep your personal data
We only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to meet the purposes set out in this notice according to its data retention policy. Some personal data is only kept for a short period. Data which is no longer needed is safely destroyed at the end of an academic year. Some data we retain for a longer period e.g. Roll Books and Enrolment Form are retained in the Centre for six years.
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on visitors to our website. This non-personal data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.