This course is an advanced course, the learner must have completed a QQI level 4 before they can progress on to this course. This course is ideal for anyone looking to progress to higher education. This course covers the following –
- Emails (all aspects of emails for example, Letter writing, email settings & account settings)
- Using the internet for research and assignments and will present a project on PowerPoint presentation.
- HTML (Creating a webpage using code)
- Creating a website using Wix.com
Preparation for Work
Anyone interested in this course will need to have basic computer skills. This course covers the following –
- How to look for jobs online & apply for jobs online
- Microsoft Word & Microsoft PowerPoint
- Basic Office Skills
- CV design and Cover letter
- Interview etiquette
- The learner will sit a mock interview and will receive feedback from the interview panel.
This course is suitable for Learners who are at Intermediate level.
The course covers the following:
- Learning about the culture of the region or country.
- Use standard vocabulary, to include everyday terms and topics and those related to familiar areas of interest and or work
- The rules of grammar and syntax to produce simple sentences in a range of social and or work-related situations
- How to respond to formal correspondence
- Making and receiving telephone calls
- Using reading skills to find information from a range of social/cultural and or work-related documents
- Use writing skills to create the following, curriculum vitae (CV), letters, emails, text
- Exchange information in a range of formal and informal situations, to include greeting, taking leave, describing experiences etc.
This course is suitable for Learners who are at Elementary Level.
This course gives Learners the opportunity of practicing their oral English skills in a conversational manner. It focuses on fluency for everyday situations.
A fun way for Learners to develop their performance skills
Participate in planned short improvisations using role-play etc.